Here are five characteristics or “rules of order” for a missional community taken from Frost’s Exiles: Living Missionally in a Post-Christian Culture.
- Bless. We will bless at least one other member of our community every day.
- Eat. We will east with other members of our community at least three times a week.
- Listen. We will commit ourselves weekly to listening to the promptings of God in our lives.
- Learn. We will read from the Gospels each week and remain diligent in learning more about Jesus.
- Sent. We will see our daily life as an expression of our sent-ness by God into this world.
Here are the Four Practices we developed for our church, which are grounded in Four Gospel Principles. These principles and practices shape all our City Groups (what we call missional communities).
SHARE life and truth through stories and Scripture
PRAY for one another and the city
ENGAGE people and culture of your community with the gospel
LOVE one another by eating and exercising hospitality