- Doing What’s Right in Matters of the Heart/free ebook (Ensor) – eminently practical guide to manhood and womanhood is available
- Sacred Marriage (Gary Thomas) – argues that marriage is for holiness as much as it is for happiness. Love this quote: “We don’t fall out of love as much as we fall out of repentance.”
- When Sinners Say I Do (Harvey) – heavy on the gospel-centered dynamic between husband and wife
- God, Marriage, & Family (Kostenberger) – uber-biblical, with a twist of practical. Great for reference and finer concerns.
- The Momentary Marriage/free ebook (Piper) – God-centered, biblical, and practical. I really enjoyed this new book by Piper that sets your marriage in the larger context of the glory of God and the mission of the church.
- The Mystery of Marriage (Mason) – more philosophical reflections on marriage. Our copy of this book is legendary. We read it in 2000 and keep bumping into people who have read our copy, and say they love the book. Weird.
- Love that Lasts Riccucis – marital wisdom for a lifetime. The Riccucis are transparent and helpful.
- “First Year Off” (of marriage) – how much time to spend together the first year of marriage. Don’t forsake mission, but don’t forsake one another.
- “How Do Husbands Love Wives?” – cultural and biblical reflections on love
- “Marriage: Cynicism and Idolatry” – things that keep us from the joy of marriage
Also see recent sermon: Restoring the Symmetry: Marriage & Singleness