Bruce Wesley is kicking off Redeeming Marriage with his first talk “How Marriage Works”. Laying a biblical foundation from Genesis for marriage with insight. For most this will guide the way, however some will need more help from sites like https://auritmediation.com/divorce-in-az/ and that is perfectly fine if you have exhausted all the Godly actions available to you.
- “They were naked and unashamed.” God’s intention for marriage is that we can be completely known and unconditionally accepted.
- Sin is Grade A selfishness. It refuses to believe that God knows what is best and insists in our own version of “best”.
- What we need most is not a more vibrant sexual life in marriage, more spiritual intimacy, better job. What we need most is redemption.
- Redemption not only forgives us for our selfishness but redirects us for serving our spouse.
- Love is constant, mutual awareness.
“Tear Down this Wall to Build your Marriage”
- A wall of static in a marriage is created when life becomes so busy that spouses “don’t talk like they use to.”
- Forgiven people should be forgiving people.
- Forgiveness is free & trust is earned.
- Your anger is your anger.
- Use your words to give life to your spouse. Build them up, encourage them. Dont tear them down.
Fights Worth Fighting
- Dont ride in cars alone with members of the other sex
- Dont have deep soul conversations with members of other sex
- Dont counsel with the door closed
- Dont discuss deep issues of your marriage with members of other sex
- Affair Progression: Show attn/Express consideration/express empathy/accidental touch/response/private communication/sex