- You have used the word “missional” and you have no idea what it means, none whatsoever. Hand down.
- You have a“heart for the nations” but have never left your homestate for anything other than a trip to Disneyland. Hand down.
- Churches Helping Churches, one of the organizations that Austin City Life is supporting, made the news in USA Today.
- Music for the City benefit concert raised 12K for Real Hope for Haiti on Monday night, packed out The Parish with 600 people, and blessed orphans and Austin citizens. Check out the News 8 coverage of the event.
- Keep praying for the Haitians!
In curious of the breakdown for employment in our church. ACL people please take the poll and fill in the blank if your field of work isn’t listed.
The amiable Religion reporter, Joshunda Sanders, visited Austin City Life on Sunday and gave us a nice review in the Austin Statesman Of Sacred & Secular blog. An excerpt:
More than once, Dodson referred to Austin City Life as an “imperfect church clinging to a perfect Christ.” with “Christ meeting us at our messy parts.” What occurred to me through this repetition was the sense of welcoming a newcomer feels in the presence of the community at the church. My experience at some churches is that people feel like they already have to be on the path to perfection before they can go to church, but Dodson explained that the redeemed are a people who are not only not perfect; “The difference between them and the those who are not redeemed is that the redeemed exchange their badness for grace.”